Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thankful Sunday and other things.....

Today I am so thankful for the electricians out there.

Last night was a crazy night. Around midnight I was getting ready for bed. I was in the bathroom and the energy lights in there were flickering. I was thinking...."great- it is about to go out!!" So I kept flicking the switch thinking one of them wouldn't come back on but it just kept flickering and I felt like I was in one of those movies were the person is washing their face in some weird bathroom and the lights are flickering above them. So I turn the light out and get into bed to watch a little tv in our room(dh was still in the living room). I noticed while I was sitting there the light in the closet was flickering too. So then I was thinking...hmmm, maybe we have a ghost haunting us. LOL I am such a wimp.

At this time dh comes into the room and tells me that the new surge protector connected to our new(not even a month old) XBR Sony 52 inch LCD tv isn't working anymore. He said it was making a lot of popping noise and then went off. So I ask him if he thinks there is something wrong with our electricity. LOL Then we heard a really strange noise outside. It went something like rrrrrRRRRrrrrrrr..rrrrRRRRrrrr... Dh went out side and said the box is popping. I thought he meant the one on the house and was about to freak out since I thought we might have a house fire soon. It was the transformer box in the neighbors backyard. So we proceeded to call the Electric Co. and after what seemed like several minutes of waiting to speak to someone......................boom.................darkness................and finally a real live voice on the other end of the line!!! After reporting our outage and the whole blocks outage we go to bed only to lie awake listening for them to come. I am not sure what time they finally came but I awoke around 4:30am to the loud noise of busy electricians fixing our outage!!!! :) Then our electricity came back on around 5:30 or 6:00am. I was so glad!!! We have been having triple digit temps and I was afraid our food would go bad in the fridge!!!

I am so thankful we have electricians that are willing to come at any hour of the day or night to fix our electricity. It isn't even the local electricians either but electricians from all over the U.S. When we had our huge outage in Dec. of last year they came from several states away to help all of us get hooked back up!!! It was such a site to see them coming down the expressway with a long line of bucket trucks from several states just to help us out!!! Anyway a big thanks to all of them!!!

The good thing is our new tv is working and we were able to exchange the surge protector for a new one. Everything in our house is now working fine and no more flickering lights!!! :)

Caleb--isms

Caleb is a little ham. He just cracks me up all the time. His new thing is acting like a puppy. I swear he is SO good at it too!!! He comes up to me with a cute little yelp, sticks his tongue out, pants and looks at me with little puppy dog eyes. lol It is so funny. I play along and pat him on the head. He loves it and will follow me around acting like a little excited puppy. He totally cracked me up the other day when I was on the computer he was on the floor behind me playing and watching tv. I heard him say "I am going to chase my tail." So I check him out and he on all fours going in circles. LOL It was the funniest thing ever.

another one.... I always make Caleb sit in the buggy when we go shopping. He is only 4 and has a tendency to get carried away and try to do his own little thing when we are out and about. Anyway- dh was with me and told him he could walk if he wanted to but he had to stay beside us. I was really impressed and he was doing a great job of staying next to us. Then as we were leaving the store I told him we needed to hold hands. So he told me he would hold his own hand and proceeded to grab his hand and hold it right in front of him---the crazy boy. LOL He wasn't too happy when he found out he had to hold my hand. LOL

We have a lot happening here in our little world. Cody, won an Ipod touch at church camp!!! Not being tech savvy I wasn't sure exactly what it was. Now that I've seen it I want one too!! LOL He was so happy to win it and that is all he talks about now. Poor Christopher can't take it when his older brother gets something and he can't.

One thing that Christopher will probably get that his older brother won't is braces. He has a consult with an orthodontist schedule in a couple of weeks!! Ack!!! I hope it isn't too expensive!!! Christopher is also my most dramatic kid so I am nervous about how he might take the whole procedure!

Summer break is almost over!! Waaaah!! I love the lazy days of summer!! We will start back to school shopping this week---I think. I can't believe how big my guys are getting. Cody will be going into H.S!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! I am not old enough to have a son in H.S. Christopher will start his last year in elementary school. This will also be the last year I will have Caleb at home with me all day!! It sure seems like my guys are growing up way to fast!!!

No comments: