Friday, June 20, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer...

I love summer. It is usually a time to sit back and be a little lazy. This summer has been busy so far. My next to oldest guy is at church camp right now. My middle guy has been attending a cultural enrichment class this whole month. The littlest guy has been hanging out with me. Hopefully next month we will see things slow down around here.

My flowers are a blooming! I love to see beautiful flowers out in my yard. I didn't plant as much as I have in the past. I am going to plant more perennials when ever I get a chance. Plus my Celosias didn't come back like they have in the past. I planted them a few years ago and the came back each year nearly taking over my big flower bed. This year I only have a handful!!!! :(

My veggie/fruit/herb garden is looking good. I have my first set of grapes growing on my grapevine! I was sad to see the black spots on them though. I am not sure what that is. I also have watermelon plants growing out of control in my garden. They just sprang up right on top of some corn and onions we planted. I will have to pull them out or they will over take the whole garden! It looks good though.
Other than being lazy, gardening, and driving my guys around this is what I have been doing this summer----making snow cones!! My guys like to feed the neighborhood boys. So in order to save some $$ I got a snow cone machine and some snow cone syrup. I have been making them snow cones everday! I didn't realize I would have to make so many!! I am up to around 10 snow cones a day right now. It seems like there is one new face everyday!


I am excited because we just order an ice cream maker and I can't wait to try it out!! I do know I am not making ice cream for all the neighborhood boys. LOL
I am bzzing something new. It is the Aveeno Positively Ageless line. I got it in the mail not long ago. It is supposed to firm and lift the skin. AVEENO® Skin Care Products I have the night cream and it smells nice.
I should have something new to bzz about soon. I am waiting for it to arrive!! :)

No comments: