Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My new Hobby!!! Quilting!! :)



I have always wanted to learn to quilt and so when some ladies from church were offering to teach people how to quilt I took them up on it. So here is my first quilt started early 2011 finished mid May 2011.

I call it Caleb's quilt because I made it for my son's 7th birthday. I used 5 different fabrics for this quilt and two of them are Mickey Mouse themed. It fits perfectly on his bed and he loves it.





The main reason I am blogging about my quilt today is so I can enter in a contest to win some quilting things!! I am close to finishing my second quilt for my oldest son and I have a middle son that will get one on his birthday. Plus I have a dozen other quilts in my head that I plan to make. Check out the Summer Quilt fair and enter a quilt you made or just look at the cool quilts other's have made. The link is below!!!





Gen X Quilters Summer Fair




You can also find some recipes at the summer fair. My recipe is the chicken fried chicken. I tweaked it a little from a couple of recipes I found on the internet. My family likes it.










Ingredients




4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut in halves




2 teaspoons of orginal Mrs. Dash




2 teaspoons of garlic and herb Mrs. Dash




1 cup of flour




1 sleeve of saltine crackers




2 Wasa hearty crispbread Whole Grain Crackers




1/2 cup of veg. oil.




2 eggs












I use two skillets but you can use 1 if you prefer. I put 1/4 cup of veg. oil in each skillet turn on heat.




Place the flour in one plastic bag. Put the crackers in a different bag and smash into crumbs. Add 1 teaspoon or more of each seasoning to each bag.




Put two eggs in a bowl and beat.




Rinse and cut chicken breast into halves. Place the chicken breast in the flour/seasoning mixture and coat. Take chicken breast out of bag and coat with egg. Take chicken breast out and put in cracker mixture to coat. Then put in hot skillet. Cook for 30 minutes turning frequently.





1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

Congratulations on your first quilt! Looks lovely and aren't you addicted now?? :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Summer Fair and sorry I'm so late stopping by! AnneMarie